A convenient and accredited online fire safety training solution
If you employ people you have a legal obligation to provide adequate fire safety training to your staff. At The HR Dept we offer fire marshal training, which is a legal requirement to have the adequate people trained to co-ordinate evacuations, contact the emergency services and operate firefighting equipment.
Fully computerised, fully accredited solution
Our Health and Safety support brings your staff a carefully designed solution to provide this online fire safety training in a convenient and flexible format over the Internet, whilst fulfilling your legal requirements. It’s fully accredited by the RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents).
The online fire safety course explains why fires occur, how you can help prevent them from starting, what to do if a fire does break out in the workplace as well as the legal requirements of employers, and how to fight fires with fire extinguishers. The course allows users to start, stop and replay videos and tracks your progress as you go. Course modules can be selected when you are ready to do them, and because you can control the pace of the course it really allows candidates to get the most out of the training.
A cost effective online training solution
As well as this flexible fire safety training format minimising employee disruption to producivity in your workplace, you will be pleased to know that it is cost effective too at just £35 +VAT per person. The training can be used to help employees undertand and reduce the risk of fire in the workplace, or to help your fire marshals understand how to complete their role.
Well-structured training with randomised fire safety questions
The fire safety course itself is comprised of the following modules:
- Module 1- Chemistry of Fire
- Module 2 – Common Causes of Fire
- Module 3 – Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Module 4 – Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- Module 5 – What to do in Cases of Fire
- Module 6 – Fire Statistics
- Module 7 – Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Module 8 – Fire Risk assessment
- Module 9 – Preventative Measures
- Module 10 – Safety Features within Buildings
- Module 11 – Role of the Fire Marshal
- Module 12 – Action on Fire Discovery
- Module 13 – Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Module 14 – Fire Extinguishers
- Module 15 – Pre-Engagement Action
- Module 16 – Using a Fire Extinguisher
Each module is concluded by a short randomised test which must be completed to finish the training course.
Call The HR Dept to find out more
It’s all too easy for staff to become complacent about the risks of fire, but one spark or a simple chain of events could lead to a potentially fatal situation at work. Educate your employees about this risk and make your business a safer place with our online fire safety training courses. Call us on 0845 053 3666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Existing Course Users please log on here.