Find your local office
OR

Events

Effective Team Leader Workshop

DETAILSExpand panel
Gemini House Groundwell Industrial Estate Swindon Wiltshire SN25 5AJ View map +

Our half day course aims to identify and develop key skills and qualities that help to build an effective team leader, suitable for delegates who are new or current team leaders/s supervisors, or those who have had no formal training in leadership skills.

This course will cover:
The qualities and skills required to become an exceptional team leader
How to set objectives
The use of effective communication
How to say “No”
Techniques to delegate successfully
The importance of team working and how to motivate staff.

By the end of this course delegates will have gained realistic and practical methods to effectively lead a team and be able to identify key skills and qualities involved with becoming a great team leader.

Lunch will be provided

remy.morland@hrdept.co.uk 01793 683 398

An Introduction to Effective People Management

DETAILSExpand panel
9:30 am
Riverhouse Barn Arts Centre, Manor Rd, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2PF View map +

Your Greatest Asset and Your Sleepless Night

An Introduction to Effective People Management

Cost: £59 + VAT

Booking: https://yourgreatestasset.eventbrite.co.uk

Good people make good business. So, employees can be your greatest asset when managed well but they can also be the cause of your sleepless nights if not.

In this fast-paced, competitive and resource-constrained world, we want to make sure that they are an asset for you 90% of the time and that you know what to do for the other 10%. This means that you will spend more time managing the business and realising your employees’ potential than resolving the problems they can bring.  In this workshop you will:

  • Explore how to bring out the best in your employees
  • Start to identify the saboteurs and superstars in your business
  • Appreciate the foundation which limits performance more than any other
  • Spot warning signs and what to do about them.
sandra.porter@hrdept.co.uk 07387 101637

Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace – A Masterclass for Employers

DETAILSExpand panel
9:00 am
The Quadrus Centre Woodstock Way Boldon NE35 9PF United Kingdom View map +

Overview

This masterclass is targeted at small business owners or managers who want to understand more about how to address issues with alcohol and drugs in the work place.

At The HR Dept we frequently get asked:

  • I have an employee who smells of alcohol, what should I do?
  • I suspect an employee has a drug addiction but Im not sure how to raise it?
  • How do I test my staff for drugs?
  • My employee gets drunk and does not come to work and its causing my business problems, what can I do?

If this sounds familiar then this masterclass delivered by the experts at Recovery4Life will leave you feeling more informed and able to address these issues.

You are not alone.  Studies have found 75 per cent of people using drugs are actually in employment and 44 per cent of those individuals admit to having sold drugs to their colleagues in the workplace. Substance misuse (drugs & alcohol) and unsupported poor mental health are estimated to cost UK industry over 30 billion pounds a year.

These figures do not address the widespread misuse of prescribed and over the counter medication for pain relief, resulting in undiagnosed addiction which can pose a major risk in the workplace (particularly if used with alcohol).

The commercial risks posed not only include workplace accidents, they can affect:

Reputation              Absenteeism            Presentism

Productivity             Staff turnover          Theft

This short master class will cover:

  • How to spot alcohol and substance misuse in the workplace
  • Your duty of care as an employer
  • Understanding and minimising its impacts in the workplace
  • Understanding testing and how to apply it in your business
  • Complying with the equality act and remaining legally compliant

Recovery4Life is a specialist testing, training and treatment service.  For businesses, the company offers targeted screening and follow up programmes, helping them to support their employees while also managing corporate risks associated with substance misuse and mental health problems.

HR Dept Newcastle offers a flexible and affordable outsourced Hr and employment law solution that covers your business against financial losses and people issues by providing a personal, pragmatic and local HR support.

Click here to book

To book please click here.

Laura.Lenaghan@hrdept.co.uk 0191 594 7789